Not Ashamed

     I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation...

     I have a routine on Monday evenings.  I watch The Voice at 7 pm, switch to Scorpion at 8, then catch the tail end of The Voice just to see who won.  Last night I tried to switch to Scorpion and I had no reception for channel 13.  It had been coming in clearly until then, but now...nothing.  I fiddled with the antenna, putting it up then down, twisting the ears this way and that, turning the tuning button back and forth and still...nothing.  Somewhat irritated, I switched back to The Voice just in time to see Craig Wayne Boyd sing The Old Rugged Cross.  His performance moved me to tears.  The audience had their hands lifted, and afterward Pharrell Williams said, "Ok, man, I get it.  To God be the glory.  How does it feel to be at the top of your career, knowing that God got you here and proclaiming it on national TV?"  WOW!  
     It was artist's choice night.  The final five could choose to sing any song they wanted to sing, and Craig Wayne Boyd chose to sing The Old Rugged Cross.  He was telling the world, "I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ."  It was a risky thing to do with a recording contract on the line. (It could cost him his space on the show if he doesn't get enough votes, so if you are able to vote for him or download his song from ITunes, please do and be sure to check out the video. I've posted it under the heading of Not Ashamed video.) 
     I identify with Craig.  This blog is my artist's choice.  I could write about food, being single, any number of things, but I choose to write about Jesus and the changes He is making in my life.  I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation.  Pharrell had asked Craig a question.  Do you know how he responded? With a tear in his eye, he simply said, "I am blessed".  Ditto.  To God be the glory.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment